Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Stand with Nepal

As I have mentioned many times, I've been spending the last few days reading through the interwebs, talking to people, and trying to find a way to volunteer or help in Nepal.  The articles taking about donations are spot on,  those that I have talked to have  asked me to spread the word about donations for their causes.  I know lots of people don't like giving to big organizations because the money doesn't go directly to the cause. The following  are links  given to me by Nepalis that I have had the privilege of staying with. PLEASE PLEASE consider even a small donation to help them rebuild.

The first one I'd like to recommend is the family that I stayed with when I was staying in Kathmandu. He runs a children's home, daycare for disabled children, and also trains and takes care of dogs in Kathmandu. His home is currently cracked and will not be lovable anymore. This man has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I've ever met and has truly decided to dedicate his life to improving the lives of people and dogs around him
http://www.lchome.org/donate.html
Or:  http://dm2.gofund.me/langtang

Secondly, I stayed with Pemba Sherpa's family at the Namaste Lodge in Phortse the night after the earthquake. His family managed to make us feel welcome, safe and warm while still  trying to take stock of what had happened, and figure out if ther family on Everest was safe,. Whenever there is tragedy on Everest, it usually directly affects at least a few Sherpa families. These men spend a large amount of time climbing through dangerous areas and  act as the backbone of many Everest expeditions.  These funds will go directly to helping rebuild in some of the Sherpa communities in this area and supporting families affected by the earthquake.


Please share this and remember that any little bit will help. 

Thank you!!